Meet Lisa Hillyer, yoga teacher, life coach and world traveller. She works with dedicated motive to guide people back to themselves and reconnect to the person that’s always been within. She lives her life joyously and with deep purpose. As you would’ve guessed, it took some stumbling to get here. Also a lot of hard work. A lot. There was that time when she moved to Australia and all her dreams came true but she found herself feeling miserable. She had to do some digging on the inside to figure out what that was all about. Then there was that time that she went to India and the culture shock kept her in a flurry of confusion and blocked senses. She was left with little choice but to learn the lesson of surrender and trust. When you look at the big picture, it was actually the stumbling that helped her find her way; and that’s the story that she’s here to tell. In this episode, Lisa shares with us how she went from miserably numbing herself to living a life adorned with love, travel and worthiness.
- The root of yoga is the path of the self through the self
- A lesson learned from the streets of India is that true joy is intrinsic, irrespective of the external environment
- Meditation can be your first shift toward freedom from inner torment. It help disconnect you from your ego and connect you back to your true self, reminding you that everything that you need is within.
- Shifting your limiting beliefs: Just because you believed it in the past doesn’t mean you need to move forward with it. Lisa worked through her limiting beliefs with Yoga Nidra.
- Antidote to unworthiness is self-care, self-love and connection to self. When you understand your purpose and your truth the unworthiness starts to fade away.
- Self-love comes when we are willing to look at all parts of ourselves, even the places that seem dark.
One of Your Biggest Lesson So Far:
Path to our truth is: Trust + Surrender
- Trust that you are exactly where you need to be, that inner knowing.
- Surrender your control. The type of control that is gripping and suffocating.
Your Deepest Truth:
Connecting to self and connecting others to do the same. When you heal your inner world, you heal yourself and that’s when we heal this planet
If you have any questions for Lisa or want to learn more, connect with her through: