Here is Part II of the conversation that I had with the lovely Mia Mitchell! Last week she shared the heartfelt story of her darkest hour - loss of a best friend, the downfall of a marriage and contemplation of a life not worth living. In essence, Mia's story is a powerful voice for mental health awareness. With time, Mia healed and now has a successful essential oils business where she helps others in their own healing journey. In Part II of our conversation, we focus on the thing that helped her recover: Essential Oils! How they help, how to use them (ie. on chakra points) and Mia'a top 10 favorite oils for healing.
- The quality of the essential oils is crucial. You want a pure oil that’s not diluted with other chemicals, synthetics or alcohol. Not only can they dampen the effectiveness of the oil but you can end up absorbing these harmful chemicals depending on how you’re using the oil.
- Do your research on that brand of oil that you're using and watch for these factors that affect their quality:
- Where the plants are sourced
- How the plant is grown (ex. No pesticides)
- How the oil is processed
- How the oil is tested
- Watch out for labels in essential oils. Some say “pure 100% oil” but what they mean is that there’s only 1% of 100% pure oil.
- Essential oils can be used topically (like on your wrists, feet and chakra points), aromatically and some even to be ingested
- It only takes 20-30 seconds to get into your bloodstream
- Oils are very high vibration which is why they are so helpful for chakra points
- Mia’s top 10 favorite essential oils for healing herself and clients:
- Benefits: Soothing, calming, helps produce melatonin in body, great as a sleep aid
- Attached emotion: oil of calm and communication
- Place on: throat chakra to open it up,
- Comes from very old Boswellia trees . The actual oil is from the resin of the tree.
- Benefits: probably the number one healing oil on earth; this is your go to oil if you don’t know what to use; place on all chakras
- Attached emotion: oil of truth, love, clarity, wisdom, enlightenment. Can also embodies a lot of other different emotions as well
- Place on: everywhere, all chakra points to clear them
3. Console (blend)
- Something that really comforted Mia when she was going through her tough time. She used this one in her diffuser and topically.
- Mix of patchouli, frankincense, ylang ylang, rose, sandalwood
- Good for comfort and to soothe anxious thoughts
4. Balance (blend)
- Mia uses this one every single day to ground and reconnect to the Earth
- Perfect to be used in meditation or when you’re anxious or feeling lost
- Mix of spruce, frankincense, blue spruce tanzeer, chamomile…
5. Wild Orange
- Benefits: energizing, happy, joyful
- Attached emotion: oil of abundance
- Mia usually diffuses it but you can put it on you chakra points as well (whichever ones that you want to increase)
- A resin that's woody, thick, deep, and smoky smelling oil.
- Benefits: deep sense of centering, great for using when you sleep
- Attached emotion: the oil of centering
- Use in diffuser to help sleep
- Also from a resin of a tree so smells deep and woody.
- Benefits: soothes anxious feelings, pain relief, supports healthy immune systems and a cardiovascular system. The healing properties are very similar to cannabis (just without the cannabanoids)
- Can use to relieve pain in joints or fibromyalgia
- Attached emotion: the oil of unveiling
8. Clary Calm (blend)
- Benefits: Supportive of women’s moon cycles (aka. Pms), brings body back into balance
- Mix of lavender, chamomile, ylang yglang, clary sage, bergamot, cedarwood…
- Place on: belly to help with bloating or any pains
9. Hope (blend)
- Lush and warming
10. Yoga Collection (blends)
- Anchoring, centering and enlightenment.
One of Your Biggest Lessons So Far:
Listen to your heart, not just your head. Trust your intuition, trust yourself and then love and care for yourself.
What is one nugget of wisdom that you would share with fellow seekers who are on this journey of growth and transformation?
Listen to your own inner guidance and trust yourself. You know what’s best for you above anybody else. People will give you their opinions but at the end of the day it’s about what your true ideas are. Take the time for self love. It’s okay to not be okay! You will fall down that’s okay, just get back up.
Everything that’s meant for you won’t pass you by.
If you have any questions for Mia or want to learn more, connect with her through: